As Grandmaster of the Pathfinders’ Guild at Martin Luther King Middle School, I hereby welcome you to our esteemed society.
As a new Member of our Guild, accept the following guidance to assist you in these first days:
- We meet every Monday and Wednesday after school for 2 hours. You need to be enrolled in the King afterschool program.
- You start in The Guild at Level 1. To see everyone’s levels and XP, go to the XP Log. (It’s also always on the right side of the screen.)
- You have ONE Guild character. Your Level means that you can make a Guild character of that level or lower. If you make a new character, you retire the old one.
- Make sure the Grandmaster gives you your own Hero’s Handbook, which is a great intro to the game, takes you step-by-step through making a character by hand, and contains many of the most important combat rules.
- You can make a character by filling out your own character sheet by hand (go to this page to download it).
- See the “Character Creation, Game Rules” page for resources, including the lists of 21 classes, 18 prestige classes, and 37 races you can be! You will also find the “Shoppe” there to outfit your character! (Or you can find this stuff in the illustrated Pathfinder game books in Room 102.)
- You earn XP and level-up by going on adventures, writing a bio of your character, writing journal entries, GMing, recruiting other people to join The Guild, and many other things! See the Guild Charter for details.
- If you ever want to run a game (be a GM/Game Master), then, as with everything you do during Guild time, you MUST get permission from the Grandmaster first. This is because I need to organize all the groups ahead of time so that everyone gets to take turns GMing and play!
- The adventures take place in the growing kingdom of Gildhaven, which rests on a vast-yet-unexplored continent. We also have a High Council that governs the kingdom.
- You can add Posts to the website! Leave a comment anywhere, and I’ll invite you to become a fellow Author so you can make Posts of your own that appear on the front page!
Now, sally forth and add to the Common Glory!
Your Most Wise and Munificent Grandmaster