Rappan Athuk’s diabolical traps, strange features, and monsters will force you to think smart and use your wits. Populated by the denizens and worshipers of Hell, Rappan Athuk takes characters up to level 20 and beyond. NO ONE has beaten its final boss yet: the Prince of the Undead, Orcus himself!
- STARTING LEVEL: Level 4 (Rappan Athuk can go up to Level 20 and beyond). EXCEPTION: See “Races” below. Note: new characters who join later will have the amount of XP as everyone else… there is no “catching up” to do.
- CLASSES: All Paizo-published classes and archetypes are available
- RACES: All the races listed on this page are available, AND drow nobles! BUT if you choose a particularly powerful race (strix or svirfneblin, for example), you start at a lower level and level up behind from everyone else. This “lag” gets smaller every level and eventually disappears. For example, Svirfneblin start at Level 3 and eventually catch up when everyone else reaches Level 8. Drow Nobles start at Level 1 (while also getting spell resistance and a bunch of spell-like abilities)! Check-in with the GM for more information.
- ABILITY SCORES: Rolled randomly using the Organic Method!! Roll 4d6, drop the lowest straight down the list. Then reroll one score, then switch two. The GM must witness them, OR use this secure dice-rolling website to email me and yourself six rolls of 4d6, dropping the lowest. Then you tell me which stat you’re rerolling BEFORE you actually reroll.
- WEALTH: 6,000 gold (this increases if you join later in the adventure)
- NO TRAITS!
- KEEP IN MIND: Work with your group to create a balanced party: this will be a challenge!
The Importance of Attendance
- There is a long waiting list to play in Rappan Athuk. Good attendance is vital to stay in Rappan Athuk — it is during the 3rd hour, so plan accordingly.
- If you miss TWO days of Rappan Athuk in a row, you go to the back of the waiting list.
- If you miss ONE day of Rappan Athuk, you can stay in the party, but ONLY if you notify the Grandmaster before 8PM the previous night.
- Back-to-Safety Rule: New characters can join the adventure ONLY if the party has returned to a relatively-safe area. This can be either the wilderness above Rappan Athuk or a dungeon level the party has already cleared.
- If your character dies, any magic items/wealth that you obtained as a result of adventuring in Rappan Athuk will be distributed to the rest of the party. You still keep all your dead PC’s belongings for your next character — the treasure you found was “copied” for the group.