Mundane Item Crafting
- We will use the Alternate Crafting Rules from Pathfinder Unchained! This lets you pay only ONE-QUARTER the market price of the item to pay for raw materials.
- You can use the Craft skill to craft non-magical items! (The most common Craft skills are alchemy, armor, baskets, books, bows, calligraphy, carpentry, cloth, clothing, glass, jewelry, leather, locks, paintings, pottery, sculptures, ships, shoes, stonemasonry, traps, and weapons.)
- Note that you can automatically “Take 10” on these skill checks. So if you have a +10 in Craft (alchemy), you can craft a Complex (DC 20) item like alchemist’s fire with no chance of failure.
- CRAFTING DURING CHARACTER CREATION: Your character could have done some crafting before joining The Guild. The number of days used to craft your item(s) cannot exceed one month per Character Level.
- CRAFTING AFTER CHARACTER CREATION: The number of real-world days that must pass after completing the first Challenge equals ONE-HALF the number of days the item required to craft the item under the official rules.
Magic Item Crafting
- We will use the Dynamic Magic Item Creation rules from Pathfinder Unchained!
- A series of Challenges must be done to complete a magic item or enchant an already existing item: the first Challenge is Prepare the Vessel, then there is at least 1 middle Challenge (depending on the value of the item/enchantment), and the last Challenge is to Complete the Item.
- For each Challenge, 1 or 2 Guild characters work together to attempt the required skill checks to complete the Challenge. One of those characters must have an Item Creation Feat that applies to the item. Both real-life players must be present to do the check. You may not “Take 10” on these skill checks. Buffs to a character to improve their skill check must last for 8 hours to help. You cannot use a temporary buff to improve a Knowledge check.
- CRAFTING DURING CHARACTER CREATION: Your character could have crafted magic items before joining The Guild. Your character must have an Item Creation feat to do this. These items can only brought into adventures by this character (i.e., they cannot craft for other characters). Your character may pair up with other Guild characters who are lower level to help meet the Challenges in creating the item(s). You must finish choosing your class levels, feats and skill ranks before crafting. LIMIT: If the character has one Item Creation Feat, the value of the enchantments and magic items cannot exceed 50% of your Guild Account. If the character has two or more Item Creation feats, the value of your enchantments and magic items cannot exceed 100% of your Guild Account.
- CRAFTING AFTER CHARACTER CREATION: This takes real-world time! The number of real-world days that must pass after completing the first Challenge equals ONE-HALF the number of days the item required to craft the item under the official rules. So for example, if the rules say that enchanting a +2 longsword will take 8 days, then at least 4 days must pass in the real world for the item to finish in the Guild. There is no limit on the value of crafting magic items after your character has been created.