The new book Pathfinder Unchained has some nifty new ideas that will find their way into the Guild. Here is what I have decided to use. The book is in Room 102 if you want to read more about them.
- The Unchained monk is allowed. The Core Rulebook version of the monk remains available.
- The Unchained barbarian, rogue, and summoner will replace the original ones. Starting in September, you can no longer have the older versions of these classes. (Rogues have exclusive access to Skill Unlocks.)
- Fractional Base Bonuses. Multiclassing will no longer result in very high (or very low) saving throws or base attack bonuses.
- Fighters get Stamina and Combat Tricks. Fighters get this new ability for free, and the only way to get them is to become a Fighter.
- Variant Multiclassing is available. Instead of stacking levels like building blocks, you can trade out future feats for a fixed set of abilities you gain from a 2nd class.
- Diseases and Poisons. Diseases and poisons now have MUCH stronger effects! Muahahaha!
- Automatic bonuses as you level; All Guild Accounts cut by half. Starting in the fall, we will implement the automatic bonuses that approximate what you’d have if you took the “Big Six” magic items: magic weapon, magic armor/shield, cloak of resistance, ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, items to increase your ability scores. At the same time, this will reduce the expected wealth (“Wealth By Level”) by one-half. This means you get less treasure, but it will now be focused on interesting and unique magic items.
The jury is still out on:
- Consolidated Skills (reduces the number of skills to 12)
- Revised Action Economy (everyone gets 3 points per round, and even Level 1 characters can do more than one attack but high level characters get fewer attacks)
So what do you all think? Let me know!