Here is the Arena, which was designed by Nate! I added a few changes. (Click the picture to zoom in.)
NOTE: This arena may go through a few changes over the next week. The current version will always be described below:
- GOAL: Kill your enemies.
- TERRAIN: The ice rink requires a DC 10 Acrobatics check to move HALF SPEED or DC 15 Acrobatics to move FULL SPEED. Failure means you fall prone. Each move action must be in a straight line and use your full speed: for a move action to stop short of your speed, do an Acrobatics check (DC above). Failing an Acrobatics check means that you fall and use all your movement that round sliding prone and in a straight line across the ice (this provokes Attacks of Opportunity).
- BULL RUSHES: Bull Rush checks operate normally, but the distance the bull-rushed creature moves is DOUBLED.
- CEILING + CONFUSION FOG: The ceiling is 10 feet high. Anyone who flies has concealment (20% miss chance) but must make a DC 18 Will save every round or be confused (like the spell) for 2 rounds.
- STRONG WIND: 25 mph winds blow (-2 penalty to ranged attacks) from the north, then east, then south, then west. The wind rotates on Initiative Count 10. Moving against the wind halves your speed; moving with the wind at your back doubles your speed.
- NO WALLS: If you fall off the edge, you fall on a 40’ deep pit of spikes (15 falling damage, 15 piercing damage) with giant wasp poison (1/rd. for 6 rds., 1d2 Dex, DC 18, cure 1 save). You then have to walk under the rink to reach your spawn point, where you can do a full-round action to climb up the ladder and return.
- RANDOM EVENTS: On Round 2 and every 2 rounds after, on Initiative Count 10, roll 1d4:
- 1 – The advanced giant ice golems become Large and animate, and each player is attacked by one of them. (If any ice golems are already on the rink, reroll.)
- 2 – Roll 1d20. One row falls from the rink. (jumping across is DC 15 Acrobatics check or you fall down (see “NO WALLS” above, but there are no spikes or poison))
- 3 – Each player is targeted by an ice witch who shoots 3 freezing rays at each player: 3 rays, touch +7 (4d6 cold)
- 4 – A blizzard covers the arena for 2 rounds. Wind increases to 70mph: ranged attacks are impossible. Medium and smaller creatures must do DC 20 Strength check to move against wind. Small creatures must do DC 15 Strength check or fly 1d4 x 20ft. and take 1d4 nonlethal damage per 20 ft. Flying creatures must do DC 25 Fly check or be blown back 2d6 x 10ft. and take 2d6 nonlethal damage.