- TV APPEARANCES: Win a sponsor! Both of you must attempt the same DC 20 skill check (Diplomacy or Bluff).
- POWER-UP: If you reach the island in the center, one weapon of your choice gets an additional +2 to-hit bonus (note: monks are assumed to use two different unarmed strikes).
- PATHS: You can walk on the narrow paths at HALF SPEED normally. Walking at FULL SPEED requires DC 10 Acrobatics check to avoid falling and makes you flat-footed (no DEX bonus to AC). If you take damage while walking full speed, you must make a 2nd DC 10 Acrobatics check.
- SWIMMING: DC 10 Swim check to move at one-quarter speed. If you are swimming on the surface, you get improved cover (+8 AC, +4 Reflex) from opponents on land. If you are underwater, you are NOT exposed to any Negative Effects (see below). Getting back onto land requires a full-round action that provokes AoOs and you are considered prone. The water is 20 feet deep.
- EDGES OF ARENA: They are forested and are considered difficult terrain (double movement cost). They provide partial concealment (20% miss chance).
- NEGATIVE EFFECTS. Each round on Initiative Count 10, a random Negative Effect occurs (roll 1d10) in ONE wedge of the “clock.” This effect occurs on the adjacent paths and on part of the island as well. The GM checks them off so that all must happen before restarting the cycle:
- 1: firestorm (14 fire damage, DC 15 Reflex halves)
- 2: annoying announcement (14 sonic damage, DC 15 Fort halves)
- 3: lightning storm (14 electricity damage, DC 15 Reflex halves)
- 4: acid fog (14 acid damage, DC 15 Fort halves)
- 5: blizzard (14 cold damage, DC 15 Fort halves)
- 6: darkness
- 7: bat swarm appears at the edge and attack closest creature(s)
- 8: 2 wolves appear at the edge and attack closest creature(s)
- 9: dramatic dream sequence (DC 15 Will or confused next round, repeat)
- 10: shocking betrayal (DC 15 Will or GM uses best attack on ally)
- SPONSORS: Halfway through the match, whoever succeeded at their skill check gets a free item of their choice. This item cannot be worth more than 400gp.
TOURNAMENT: Our HUNGER GAMES Arena for the Quarter Finals!